31 January 2013

Pot stickers

Pot stickers are officially my favourite thing to eat. I had a lot of free time yesterday as I didn't teach until 7 and I was subbing a class that was having a test so my lesson plan was pretty simple. So once Rickie left for the day, I walked to get some pot stickers. There is this place right by the dorm that sells them for 4.5 NT/pot sticker for the pork ones but I decided to branch out.

For 56 NT (Just under $2), I got 12 pot stickers and I was full after 6. The rest were left to feed Rickie later in the day. I think we are starting to see how much cheaper it actually is to eat out rather than to cook. While cooking is more convenient sometimes because you don't want to always get dressed before you eat, eating out seems to be cheaper. Going to try and investigate this more.

My class for the day was so easy. I had to meet with the coteacher beforehand because of the test and the fact that I had never given one before. She told me exactly what to do and it was a very simple day. It is funny the way it works here for grading. She literally told me that no student should receive below a mark of 90. It made me nervous so they all ended up getting 95+ but they were all so cute and a lot better than I thought. Did they deserve a mark of 95? Probably not but I guess that is the way they do things here.

After I was finished teaching, Rick and I decided to try this soup place that is right beside the dorm. We heard amazing things about their won ton soup and the lady was so helpful and sweet. It was amazing soup but the aftertaste was so peppery that I wasn't enjoying it and I felt bad not eating it. I decided I wanted to go elsewhere to eat so I had Rick fake call my cellphone and we pretended that I had to go meet someone. Even though she spoke no English, I still felt bad about leaving the soup there. But I ended up getting Mos Burger (which was amazing) and getting to see my favourite little puppy on the way (Pudding).

Have I mentioned how badly I want a puppy?

I'm off, going to get pot stickers haha

No comments:

Post a Comment