1 February 2013

Being Observed

Since yesterday was Thursday (and I assume you are all faithful blog readers), you know that we both had our regular classes yesterday! I decided to walk to Wu-Ling again as it was nice out and I hate forking over the 200NT for a cab. On the way there, I called Rick to see how he was doing before his class and he told me that he was being observed today. He was so nervous as she was observing his class that isn't at great as his other one so he was changing his entire lesson plan.

I have yet to be observed but apparently a woman sits in the back of the room and takes down notes based on what you did during class. When you first start out at Gloria, you have to be observed a few times so they know what kind of teacher you are. I find it interesting because I always wonder if they are asking our co-teacher about us etc. Rick telling me that he was being observed made ME nervous because I was scared that I would be as well. Of course I didn't tell him that at the time but his observation went amazing!

She was observing a kindergarten class and she had mostly nothing but nice things to say about Rick as a teacher. She said his presence is perfect for the kindergarten class room, his rapport with his students was great, and his lesson plan was well-done. So excited and proud of Rick! And so glad it wasn't me :)

Pad Thai for dinner and then we were off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment