27 January 2013

Sick Saturday

I've decided that I'm going to try and post every day that way the posts aren't as long, and more updates so here goes.

On Friday, I was very, very sick. In the morning, we ran some errands and I got my favourite bubble tea. The day went on, and I started to feel even worse. We ended up sitting around the dorm playing a new game that David and Monica showed us called, "Cash Flow." David describes it the best: it is like Monopoly on steroids. Instead of buying properties and houses/hotels, you have a job, a salary and you pretty much try to make it. It is very fun and I just so happened to win. We ended up playing twice and then I had to go to class. On Thursday, I walked to Wu-Ling (the school where my regular class is) and I think this is part of what made me so sick on Friday. So on Friday I decided to cab it and of course she got lost. Not fun. I was subbing so it was a pretty uneventful day. Which brings us to Saturday.

We ran some errands, David went off to work, and the rest of us went to eat at a pasta restaurant. Just over 250NT so under $10 for salad, soup, bread, pasta, and drinks. The salad was definitely interesting, very Taiwanese. But the soup was amazing. Monica and I ordered chicken while Rick ordered tuna and cheddar and we were all more than pleased. The chicken broth was amazing and it was just what I needed when I was sick. The pasta was pretty tasty as well, though not what I thought I was ordering and made for some great leftovers.

This Saturday was pretty uneventful so this is going to be a boring blog post haha. Rick and I went to Carrefour to grab some groceries and other supplies. I'm not sure if I have talked about Carrefour yet but it is a massive department store that is very close to the dorm. There is this really creepy alleyway that we walk through to get there, I'll take a picture sometime to show the creepiness. When I say it is a massive department store, I mean it. Three different floors. One is electronics/other housewares, the second is all food and the third is a massive food court. We often find ourselves there for little things; today it was a garbage can and rice. But we always manage to leave with much more and we are still getting used to the difference in money. It is always shocking to see $700 on your receipt but I have to remind myself that that is only just over $20.

We spent the rest of the night at the dorm just hanging out, other than venturing outside for some of my favourite bubble tea. About to watch a scary movie with the roommates. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment