30 January 2013

I knew you were trouble

Our Monday started off pretty boring. Rick was teaching in the evening at Da-Chu and I was at Tung-An (the school we live at, lucky me!). So we finished off our lesson plans and went for a walk. It was nice to just walk around, just the two of us. It reminded us of our very first day in Taoyuan when we went for a walk but we had no idea where we were and got lost. Today, we knew where we were.

Our day consisted of picking up my stamps!! It is kind of sad how excited I was but getting to use them last night was amazing! Yeah, that still sounds kind of sad. We went and got our favourite bubble tea and I somehow convinced Rick that browsing the pet store would be a good idea! The puppies were so adorable, of course, I picked about seven different ones to take home but still managed to leave with zero. This is the first time we checked out the rest of the pet store which we found out includes snakes, turtles, and tarantulas. I'm pretty sure I had nightmares last night about the things that I saw.

Finally we went back and Rick had to leave to go to Da-Chu and I was left watching my guilty pleasure, the Real Housewives series haha but then it was my turn to teach! My first class was a lot of fun, they were so silly but they worked when they were supposed to. It was nice considering I have this class for the next three weeks. The next class was a younger class and I was supposed to leave 15 minutes at the end to prepare for the demo but I didn't leave enough time, I felt so bad but the coteacher said it was okay. Hopefully next week it works out better! 

I don't know if I explained what a demo is yet so I will now. For the kindergarten beginners all the way to mid way through the red book, the class has to do demos at certain points. A demo is basically when the parents come to the class one day and watch what you do. But you plan it out, each child will do a self-introduction, you'll play a bunch of games, sing a bunch of songs, gestures, and do some mini plays. It sounds very nerve wrecking to me and I am very happy that I haven't had to do one yet!

Our night ended with me making dinner (for the second time ever). Rick was going to be awhile since he was at one of the farther schools so I cut up some onions, mushrooms, garlic, ASPARAGUS, and prepared the rice. The asparagus was pretty exciting because we haven't eaten it or even seen it at the grocery store since we got here but I randomly saw it in this little market. I think the lady overcharged me though because I am a foreigner haha I paid just over $4 CAD for the asparagus and mushrooms. I know nothing about the regular prices of things here or back home though so I just said yes.

We played cashflow twice. Rick won in 10 minutes and then David won the second time we played. Let's pretend I didn't mention them winning though, I don't want to inflate their egos too much.

One more thing! Just want to mention my amazing little cousin Alicia. She isn't so little anymore, she just told me that in June she is going to Italy ALL BY HERSELF for a month! Just to visit and travel, I am so proud of her and I know she will do amazing! Her doing this makes me feel so old haha I have so many memories of us playing together when we were younger and I miss her so much! Good luck Alicia!

Grace, me and Alicia five years ago! We are all so different now!

No comments:

Post a Comment