23 February 2013

Day three in Taipei

The sun was shining, we had an amazing breakfast, so we decided to try Taipei 101 again. For those who don't know, Taipei 101 is the third tallest building in the world with the fastest elevator in the world to get you to the top. When we went on this day, only one side of the outer level was open but we decided to go anyway. There was only 70% visibility but it was still so beautiful. We walked around, listened to our audio guides, and learned a lot about Taipei.






After Taipei 101, we decided to go to Longshan Temple. We had planned to go to two other temples near there but after Longshan, we changed our minds. It was beautiful. There were so many people and we kind of felt like we were intruding on their worship. We took a rest and since it was almost 5, we went to check out Shilin Night Market.

Shilin Night Market was insane. We arrived early so I can't imagine how crazy it would have got as time went on. I would've paid to get a map, it was so huge and so confusing. And there were so many people!! You couldn't even move at times to check out what the food stalls were that we were slowly walking by. I definitely need to go back but not during a national holiday I decided. One amazing thing that came out of Shilin Night Market? I tried deep fried condensed milk and I will never go back. I have never tasted something that is so amazing! Someone teach me how to make this and I will love you forever.

So afterwards, we were still hungry and went to the night market right by our place. This time, we knew where our favourite things were and we were in and out of there in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment