29 January 2014

The End

Tomorrow is the day I leave Taiwan. Still not feeling like it is all real but also managing to get sad about leaving this place, and Rick behind. I will definitely miss Taiwan, all the friends I have made here, and all the places that I like to go. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world. While I didn't blog as much as I had planned on, I'm still glad that I did blog as often as I did. If only for the reminder to myself of the time we spent here.

Our journey is ending. Rick will be in Taiwan for around another month while his fractured foot heals and then he is off on his own travels. I'm excited for him but also scared about how much I'm going to miss him. The airport tomorrow will definitely be heart breaking. How different from when we first arrived in Taiwan; crying at the airport while saying goodbye to our families to crying at the airport saying goodbye to each other. I've grown accustomed to relying on Rick to pick me up when I'm feeling down about missing my friends and family but now he will be the one I'm missing. It will definitely be a challenge but that doesn't change how proud I am of him for having the courage to take this trip on his own. That is something that I don't think I could ever do.

Tomorrow, Atlas and I will be making our way to Canada. Wish us luck. Here are some pictures of me saying goodbye to my classes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry after saying goodbye to some of these little cuties.
The first class I had to say goodbye to

 My babies

One of my favorite older classes, I will miss them all so much!


 Cutest weirdos ever

This class lined up for a hug from me after wards.. pretty much started bawling by the fourth hug





Goodbye dinner with some friends


My very first class I ever taught in Taiwan and my very last

No comments:

Post a Comment