8 February 2014

Home Sweet Home

Now that I've been home for a week I figured it was time to update the blog. My last few days in Taiwan were filled with lots of goodbyes to my last classes and to Rick. Leaving him behind was one of the saddest things and I think it is because, for the moment, I don't know when I will see him again. When I left Canada to go to Taiwan, I knew I would be back in a year. The same went for saying goodbye to my parents, I knew they would visit me in Taiwan and after their visit, I knew I'd be back in Canada. 

My flight home felt longer than our trip to Taiwan even though it was ten hours less. My direct flight was comfortable and yet filled with worry about my baby Atlas, sadness about leaving Rick behind, and excitement to see my family and friends. I took off from Taiwan at 7:40 PM on January 30th and I arrived in Canada at 8:30 PM on January 30th. I may, or may not, have traveled through time. Be jealous.

I struggled to get my three massive bags, one small suitcase, and one small dog and we were off. It was actually relatively easy to bring Atlas back, a lot of people said it would be so difficult but it wasn't at all. And he was perfectly fine after the flight! A little scared but as soon as I got him out of his crate, he was the same cute dog who was super excited to see me and to meet so many new people.


Being home has been pretty weird so far. The second day I was back, I already felt like I had never left. The jet lag didn't hit me until this Saturday when I fell asleep from 7-10, woke up and couldn't sleep until 2am and then woke up again at 5am. I think I've got a handle on the jet lag now, my sleep is pretty normal. But it is still weird getting used to life in Canada. The cold, the snow, English, my family and friends so close by, English, English, English, high prices, English.

I had planned to stop this blog upon returning to Canada but Rick is trying to convince me otherwise. But I don't think my life is all that exciting enough to write about here. I guess we'll see what happens.

For now, I am home. Rick is in Taiwan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment