24 December 2013

Teaching Christmas

Since we arrived right on Christmas Eve last year, we kind of missed the crazy that is Christmas at Gloria. For the past week, we've been having Christmas parties in all of our classes. Its been a lot of fun but I am so exhausted. Rick and I decided that we didn't want to just make Christmas cards with our students which is what they usually do. So I researched and found some crafts to do with different levels. With our older classes, each student gets to make a wreath and decorate it. The younger classes made reindeer with their hands for the antlers and their foot for the head. Here are a couple pictures of my cutest kids or the best jobs done to explain...





In one of my classes, we made gingerbread houses! I was pretty impressed with them. Their houses looked a lot better than mine ever have...



Our week of Christmas parties isn't over yet! We still have tonight and tomorrow. Tonight I am making Christmas cards because its their first Christmas at an English school. The next day we are making a Santa craft, and then more wreaths. All of these Christmas parties have really helped to put me into the Christmas spirit while being so far from home. It also helps that Rick surprised me with a Christmas tree! And we've been watching a lot of Christmas movies as well.

We just realized actually that as of today, we have officially been in Taiwan for a year. When we first got here, I never would've thought I'd make it the full year. And now its only 37 more days until I am back in Canada. Time really does fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment