18 December 2013

Back to Bangkok; Riverview Hotel

After Koh Phi Phi, we were back in Bangkok for a few days before our flight back to Taiwan. We wanted to stay in a different area and at a nicer place this time so we paid some more money and booked at the Riverview Hotel. 

Prior to arriving, I already wasn't too fond of this hotel. I had been emailing them every day while we were in Koh Phi Phi asking for directions on how to get to their hotel from the smaller airport. They emailed me back but didn't answer any of my questions, told me they would get back to me, told me that they would never forget to respond to my emails. And then they just stopped responding. So we arrived in Bangkok, unsure of how to get to the hostel. We called them, they told us if we would've asked beforehand.. they could've sent a car to get us but now they can't... Um.. I did ask beforehand. I emailed for a week straight. I tried to get past it, miscommunication and a language barrier, moving on.


We checked in and headed to our room. I have never been so disappointed. The pictures and descriptions shown on their website are so different from what is actually given to you. The floor was concrete and there was a horrible smell. We tried to make the best of it. Since we had gotten there pretty late, we went to the hotel's restaurant. Which was possibly the one redeeming part of this hotel. The view from the restaurant was amazing. Again, the food was subpar but the view was great so we had a good time. When we went back to our room, it had started to rain and come in through the window, making the smell 10x worse. I had fallen asleep so Rick went down to complain to the front desk and they said we could switch rooms in the morning.


In good spirits at the restaurant

Beautiful view

By the time the morning came, the smell was unbearable. Rick went down to inquire about switching rooms and of course, completely different staff. They had no idea what we were talking about and said that since the rain had stopped, we couldn't switch rooms. I was so frustrated at this point, I was looking at other hotels in Bangkok to switch to. Eventually, Rick kept talking to them about the smell and how horrible it was, it really was bad. They switched our room... to a dorm room. It was definitely nicer than our last room but we had four single beds to ourselves.. it felt very weird.

Not in a good mood.

Our dorm room

Our dorm room

Urinal, anyone?

In the end, I wasn't impressed with this hotel in the least bit. Usually when someone has so many complaints about a room, a hotel will offer a better room. Instead, we were given a dorm room. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. They claim to be in China Town but they are really on the outskirts of China Town. Not a convenient location at all and the staff speak little to no English. Very poor customer service.

Here is the link to the hotel so you can be sure NOT to book there.


The Worst Hotel Experience Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment