1 March 2013

Slow Week

It has been a slow week in Taoyuan so far. Everyone had Thursday off for a national holiday and we have had quite a few other days off as well because we weren't given any subs. Even though it has been slow, a lot of things have happened.

We had our first Chinese lesson with our tutor Bobo. A lot of the teachers at Gloria go to her for lessons and even after one lesson, I already feel like I know a lot more than I used to! I can officially order my favourite kind of bubble tea without using my little piece of paper that had it written on Chinese. It is kind of weird how accomplished I feel whenever I order it in Chinese, just makes me more excited to keep on going and learn more. We go back on Tuesday, once a week for now. 

Another new thing that happened this week is that we went to Taipei to start the process to get our ARC. We have to go back in a week to continue the process but it was a lot of fun to go to Taipei just for a few hours. Really shows how close things are. We ended up going to Taipei again on Thursday night with Danielle for a night market. Lots of great food and one traumatizing experience seeing a turtle all cut up. Let's not talk about it.

The last exciting thing is I think we found our apartment! I am so excited and I don't want to jinx it so that is all for now. Back to writing my lesson plan for tomorrow morning..

No comments:

Post a Comment