24 March 2013

Countdown: Two Days

Until two of our favourite people in the world arrive in Taiwan! Tarisha and Shawn! We've got some big stuff planned while they are here such as going to Hualien, Taroko Gorge, Kenting for Spring Scream and other festivities! As well as some day trips to Taipei.

Super excited to see someone from home. It is probably what is making me miss home a lot today. The idea of seeing someone from home so soon. Nothing new has really been happening since my last update. Just getting settled into our apartment. We are officially out the dorm, gave back our keys and everything! It was kind of bitter sweet. I will definitely miss some of the people we lived with and the idea that there was always someone else around but I will not miss the constant dirty dishes.

This past week has been full of our new regular classes and lots of substitute classes so it has been a busy one. Next week will be my third time with my new regular classes which means... I GET PAID. YAY. The way our school works is there is a two week pay lag, I don't get paid for the first two weeks of every regular class but you start getting paid the third week. Once you have been here for six months, you get the first week back from all your regular classes. And once you finish your contract, you get the second week back. It is basically to ensure that we don't run out on our contract. That is why substitute teaching is nice sometimes because you get paid right away.

This upcoming week we also get our ARCS. Which means I can finally open a bank account, have health insurance (it is sad how excited I am to go to the dentist), get a COSTCO card haha, and a Carrefour points card. For now we are off to Ikea... don't even ask me how I convinced Rick it would be a great idea to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment