16 March 2013

Moving in, and new classes.

We are officially moved in to our new place! I'll take some pictures and add them to this post later for your viewing pleasure. I know you're all very interested! Speaking of moving in, it is a lot harder in Taiwan than back home. The concept of borrowing someone's truck and making one trip is not possible. We made about 10 trips on Rick's scooter with me wearing a massive backpack and Rick balancing a suitcase in front of him. It was an interesting experience to say the least and I am not sure how in only two months that we have accumulated that much stuff. 


One of our many trips from the dorm to the new apartment


Our new place
 Typical Rick.
 Our picture fridge!




In other news, I started all three of my new regular classes this week. And they were all adorable and, mostly, very excited to learn English with their new foreign teacher.

My first was my beginners class so they were older but had no previous knowledge of English. Most of the children were aged 9-11 but there are two students who are 13 and one who is 12. I felt super bad for them cause we're playing all of these little children games and they are just sitting there, bored. The good thing is they are quick learners and for the most part, they are willing to play the games with us. In the end, it was a really fun class. I loved my coteacher, she was great and fairly new too so we are learning together.

My second class was a kindergarten beginners class, as was my third one. The first kindergarten class was larger than the second and full of younger children. There were some there who haven't even been to kindergarten in Chinese school yet so they had no idea how to act in a classroom setting. They were so adorable though! There were a brother and sister who were so young and kept putting their hands up, but the second I would call on them, their hand would shoot down and they would shake their heads and say, "No teacher..." Hahaha it was also adorable how excited both classes were to see me. My first coteacher asked the children if I was the first foreigner they had ever seen and the majority of them said yes. So honest and adorable.

It has been a fun week. Finally 100% in the apartment. We have internet in the apartment! For awhile there, I was heading to the dorm everyday to Skype my mother in the morning but now that is unnecessary. And Rick's cellphone is finally working again!

Today we are off to do a chatroom. We both have the exact same chatroom with the same topic and level today so hopefully that goes well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment