28 April 2013

Busy and Busier

As time goes on, we just get busier and busier. We are both almost up to a full schedule (which means 20 hours of class). I was just given two more regular classes on Saturday so I am up to 14 hours. Rick was given more classes on Wednesday and Friday so he is at the same amount of hours. I am currently at three different schools while Rick is at two, with four out of his five days being all at the same school. His main school just happens to be down the street from where we live, I wouldn't be lying to say that I am jealous.

Some of my newer classes are definitely a struggle for me. Most of them are older, more advanced classes and I find these levels/ages a lot harder than the younger children. Most of them are so shy and/or don't want to be there, so they practically refuse to even try to speak  in English. It can be frustrating but it is definitely fun. If anyone has any tips for engaging an older age, I am all ears. 

My new classes on Saturday are at a downtown school which makes it almost impossible to park and insane traffic. I was told that if I wanted to find a parking space, I would have to move a bunch of other scooters over in order to fit my scooter. I wasn't looking forward to this as I have a lot of trouble moving my own little 50cc scooter. So I elected to get Rick to drive me there and it was only a half hour walk back home when I was finished. 

Today we went into Taipei to see Iron Man 3 in IMAX 3D, It was a very good movie but both of us were disappointed, it could have had something to do with our expectations but nonetheless. Decide for yourselves but it was no Ironman 1. We got home and I was having a craving for cookies so I looked up a recipe to try and make a few of them for myself. We recently acquired a toaster oven from a teacher who was moving and ended up owning two of them (Thank you Josh!). So I went to work, with lots of substitutions since we didn't have baking soda, vanilla extract, or applesauce. It ended up okay. Our toaster oven only has one setting so it was a challenge but I think they ended up pretty good for a first try.






No comments:

Post a Comment