2 November 2013

Happy Birthday to the Best Woman Around

Today is my mom's birthday. It also happens to be Halloween. When I was younger, I imagine my mother was often sad on her birthday because it was pushed to the side for the best holiday (according to children, who doesn't love free candy?) But as I get older, I see the importance of her birthday.

My mother and I often haven't seen eye to eye. During my teenage years, I really gave her a run for her money. It is a wonder how all of her hair didn't fall out with worry. I guess that was left to my father. If you know my dad, you would know that the top of his head is looking mighty shiny these days, but I digress. Back to my mom. I really believe that everything I put her through made our relationship into what it is today. (Or that's what I like to tell myself so I feel better...)

I can safely say, without an hesitation or questioning that my mother is one of my best friends. Looking back, I feel very awful about when I didn't appreciate her as much as I should have. A lot of people think that we skype every day solely for her benefit but I don't think I could've gotten through this part year without waking up her to face every morning. My mother is the kindest, strongest, humblest, and most passionate person that I know. If I end up being a quarter of the woman that she is, I will consider that to be an amazing accomplishment. No matter what happens, my mother can always forgive and keep on going on. She is so precious to me and I have no idea where I would be without her. I love her so much. Whenever she is upset, I get just as upset because I hate to see such a kind and amazing woman feel anything but awesome.

Happy Birthday to my Mother.
Mom, I love you, and I will see you in three months.


No comments:

Post a Comment