13 October 2013

Thanksgiving Intermission!

Slight intermission in my Hong Kong posts to say.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Hope everyone has an amazing couple days full of turkey and stuffing because I sure won't be eating that. Therefore, everyone I know has to eat enough for the both of us. Being away from home during holidays has really shown me how much my family and my friends mean to me. I am definitely thankful for all of them. Even if I am not home to show it. 

Three small things to update on!

1. Atlas was neutered last week. He was pretty depressed for the first few days but he is back to his happy self! We haven't been making him wear the Cone of Shame lately except when we are not around to watch him. Today, we went shopping and when he returned, he had managed to take it off his own neck. I would love to know how. Hard to be mad at such a smarty pants.

2. We went to see Gravity last night. Such an amazing movie. I was so stressed the entire time. There really isn't a better way to put it. I highly suggest going to see it, and going to see it in 3D, If you have been to the movies with me, you know that I HATE 3D. I always leave a 3D movie with a pounding headache and its generally because the 3D was not done right. However, leaving Gravity I was left with the feelings of a movie that finally did 3D perfect. I was also nauseous but that is because of how much stress I felt for the characters during the movie. Our scooter ride home was terrifying because of my stress level. Seriously. Go see it.

3. Since our vacation time off to Thailand is booked (currently planning the trip!), we e-mailed our boss to let her know we would not be renewing our contract for a second year and that we are planning on returning home once it is finished. We have to give them at least two months notice in order to get our contract completion bonus and I didn't want to give them ANY reason to keep that from us. Plus, I need to know our official contract end date so I can book my ticket home. (Probably in the next week!!)

Off to do some student comments and then continue writing Hong Kong blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment